My friend Amie wrote her own version of You Might Be an Army Wife If... , so I thought I'd write one, too.
1) You know your "sponsor's" social security number better than your own.
2) You compare how much of your marriage you and your husband have actually spent together with your friends.
3) You suddenly realize how "typical army wife" it was to stand outside a restaurant with 3 other army wives, comparing tattoos, and showing where you have your husband's name inked on your body.
4) You have friends who come from almost all 50 states, as well as Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, and England (the ones who are army brats themselves)
5) You can count on one hand how many times you've talked to your deployed husband in the past week.
6) You actually look forward to those 2 weeks he will be out training next month because you get to have the bed all to yourself, watch all the chick flix you want, and eat Lean Cuisine for dinner every night.
7) Your non-military friends give you a shoulder to cry on, and your military friends tell you to pull up your big girl panties and deal with it!
8) Your kids have been to 4 different schools by the time they reach 4th grade.
9) When you were little, Barbie never married Ken. She married GI Joe. (Or actually, the A*Team, but they were all ex-military so it was the same thing!)
10) Last, at least for my little list, You Might Be an Army Wife If your life is a complete roller coaster, you never know where you'll be living in a year, your husband gets orders one day only to have them canceled the next, and you don't ever.... ever unpack everything.