Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I NEED MY INTERNET!!

The last post I made on my blog is kind of ironic. I turned off my computer last week for Earth Hour, and that's the last time I saw him alive. The computer that is. He didn't turn back on again; "crashed" would be the term.
I spent the last week with no computer and no internet access. I was going insane! Do you realize how many times I need to hop online for something? I never realized until I was without for a week! Recipes, addresses, pictures, friends, volunteer work, school.... every time I turned around I needed to get online for.... *something*!
I finally got a new computer ordered on Friday and they said it would be here Monday or Tuesday. In real time that means Tuesday, or possibly even Wednesday. Thank the Lord it came Tuesday. I was having PMS! PMS over a stupid computer and some internet. I felt completely shut off from the world when I couldn't just hop on and email my family in the middle of the afternoon, or check in on all my online friends, or print Drew up one more homeschool worksheet because he blew through his activities faster than I thought he would. When Hunter got his hard cast last week, I had to run over to my friend's house just so I could email everyone the picture of him smiling widely, showing off his green cast.
What I did do instead was cooking, baking, reading, crafts, and giving the kids 100% of my attention all day long. I got a lot of cleaning done (not enough to invite my mother-in-law over yet, though!) So today, when the UPS guy delivered that wonderful little box, I felt like Ralphie in A Christmas Story when he finally gets his Little Orphan Annie decoder ring in the mail. I ran inside, tore it open, hooked it up and.... this is where I've been ever since! (Trust me, the kids didn't even notice I was gone!) And unlike Ralphie, I'm not disappointed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

watcha get?





your freakishly tall nephew who needs a haircut but dont want one

Anonymous said...

Is it my imagination or are there 100% more commercials on TV urging you to go to BlahBlah.com when you're suffering from internet withdrawals?