Thursday, November 22, 2007

One of Those Thankful List Thingy's

I'm thankful for the way Hunter's face lit up when he saw the Sesame Street float in the parade on tv this morning.
I'm thankful for Drew who was the first person to give me a hug and kiss and say "Happy Thanksgiving, Mama!"
I'm thankful for Louisa who played with Hunter today so I could sit and have some "adult time" with my friends.
I'm thankful for the look on my husband's face when he took the first bit of pumpkin pie I made for him.
I'm thankful to have friends who will be in the same boat as me for the next 15 months.
I'm thankful to be around so many heroes who are about to leave their families for an ungodly amount of time.
I'm thankful that I have the right to vote for the person I believe will clean up this mess in a way that's best for all of us (even if it's still a year away yet).
I'm thankful for family who puts up with the ebb and flow of military life right along side us.
I'm thankful for my nephew who is always good for a laugh, and cheers me up sometimes when he doesn't even know it.
I'm thankful for my mom who had to let me go this morning because the Packer game was about to start! (but did call me back later to talk about our Thanksgiving days!)
I'm thankful for my dad who would willingly battle the crowds tomorrow if I needed something for the kids that I couldn't get here.
I'm thankful for my sister who has a habit of calling me and giggling for 20 mintues straight.
I'm thankful that my kids and I are well taken care of.
I'm thankful for three happy, healthy, smart kids who love to have fun and make my life very chaotic.
I'm thankful God placed us at one of the most rural, boring bases in the army, because it forced me to get out and make friends.
I'm thankful the Lord has blessed me so I can make a list of all the things I'm Thankful for.

1 comment:

scrapperjen said...

Glad you have much to be thankful for.
HUGS and happy holidays to you and yours!