Thursday, April 19, 2007

Fear of the Unknown

Fear is one of those powerful emotions that make us think irrationally. I saw a picture of my little boy on someone else's website one day and immediately that pesky emotion took over my senses. I didn't know how to react or respond. My initial thought was that I was flaming pissed. How dare someone snatch my picture of my little boy!
After a few weeks I realized that I get what I ask for. I publicly posted pictures of my kids. I wanted a public blog to share with all moms. Not just a select few friends and family. I was sad that I no longer had the blog that I enjoyed writing on. I had fun seeing all the return readers. People that I didn't really know, but they still came back day after day to read what I had to say.
I've decided that I'm not going to let that pesky emotion take over anymore. At least not on this subject. I have a blog, I have stuff to say, I'm going to say it. Hopefully people will come back to read it. Part of what I have to say includes pictures. So pictures I will post. I'll continue to keep my CafeMom page "friends only" and my myspace page "friends only", but this is where I come to write about my mommy life. My mommy life sometimes includes pictures that help illustrate that life.
I didn't really know what I was scared of in the first place. A cyberstalker that no one really believes me about? A crazy lady on CafeMom who's had it out for me for over a year now? What's she going to do? She lives way up in Michigan, no I mean New Jersey, no I mean Pennsylvania. Ya, that's it, she's finally settled on Pennsylvania after changing her mind a few times. I'm not going to be afraid, and I'm going to continue to share my mommy life with whoever is interested enough to read it.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Yeah, you're back. I've missed reading all about your mommy chaos. Thank you for coming back.

Amber said...

Good for you! Glad to see you back at it!

~jen said...

I'm glad you're back, girlie~ now I can get back to laughing at how your kids are every bit as creative as mine when it come to creating chaos!! I love it!!!

AmyO said...

Thanks for coming back! I missed it while you were gone. I have loved reading about your mommy chaos.