Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Umm.... We're still here

We're still here as in, we have not left Louisiana yet. Still here.
Louisa has a thing on her foot, like a bump thing. She says it's starting to bother her pretty bad, so I said we would try to get her in to the doctor quick before we left this morning. Our clinic only takes same-day appointments, so you have to call right when the appointment lines open at 7:15 am. I waited on hold for 15 minutes only to be told that, in 15 minutes, all the appointments were gone. Wow! But, it's that time of year. Everyone is taking off to go home this week, and everyone needs to get in quick before they go for whatever reason. Sometimes the clinic does take pity on us and give us an appointment for the next day if we are in dire need. This is dire need. So they are squeezing us in tomorrow morning.
If that wasn't fun enough of an adventure, the dog has an owie on his foot. It's swollen and he can't walk on it too well. So, I call the vet at about 12:45 this afternoon. They close at noon on Wednesdays. Why?! Why does it just happen to be Wednesdays that they close at noon?! That is another thing added to my list tomorrow. I hope to be on the road by noon, but somehow, I don't see it happening.
I am not going to stress. If I stress, then my stomach pain acts up. That is the last thing I need. A two day car trip with stomach pain. We'll get there when we get there.
On another note, I have to give a HUGE thank you to my friend Jen, who loves us so much that she sent a snowglobe to Hunter all the way from Idaho! Thank You Jen!! Hunter is a happy boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My pleasure sweetie:) I'm glad he got it in time!!! Just drive safe and enjoy your trip- and no matter when you leave you're still gonna get there~ so don't sweat the departure time, just look forward to the arrival!!