Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year, New Blog Design

It's here! My new and improved blog! Well, not so sure about the improved part, but the design is *exactly* what I wanted! Umm... okay, that's not true. It's not what I "originally" wanted, but it is what I finally decided on. I went in to this little project wanting one of those funny cartoony moms with a million hands taking care of a million things, like my normal life. Then I did a little soul searching (and couldn't find the right cartoony mom picture that fit me) and decided something a little more subtle would fit me best. This is good. This is how I imagined it when I gave Heather the pictures, and told her the color scheme. She did great and I'm very excited. I don't have to come on here and think "oh blah" anymore.
So, it's a new year. 2008. The 30th year of my life. Or, the 2nd 29th year, which is what I prefer. I refuse to age while Husband is gone. Especially since I'll be 31 when he gets back, and he'll still only be 29. Nope, not happening.
No New Year's resolutions for this gal. Don't make them, don't need them. Just point me in somewhat of a general direction that I should head for the year, and let me go. This year that means staying sane with three kids, all their activities, homeschooling, and trying to maintain just a small smidge of individuality. All on my own. Oh, and let's not forget trying to keep my husband happy while he's 7000 miles away.
We're about to leave Wisconsin and head back to Louisiana where we'll begin this crazy adventure of an entire year by ourselves. I will no doubt begin to talk to myself in about a month or so, pretending that Husband is sitting there listening to me. In about two months my brain will short circuit and any short term memory I might have once had will go out the window. Six months down the road I hope to have the opportunity to shower and go to the bathroom by myself at least once a week, if that's not asking too much. Which it probably is.
Homeward bound, happy with my blog, and bracing myself for the year ahead.

9 comments:

Nikki said...

I love it! The blog looks great! Heather (once again did a fantastic job). Happy New Year Hun! If you ever get lonely talking to yourself, you can always talk to me! :-D

scrapperjen said...

Love the new look - it's great!
Happy New Year to you and yours. I'm here if ya need to chat...
HUGS!

kateandjona said...

Loving the new design!!!! It's great!

snowflake said...

Love the new look - it's awesome!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sandy said...

LOVE the new digs. LOVE it!

Welcome home.Happy New Year!! Feel free to babble away to the people inside the computer. We're hear for you. The shower and stuff - can't help you with that...although if you're not getting to the bathroom or shower more than once a week, I'll be content to sit in the computer where I can't share in the delightful aroma. ;)

Sandy said...

duh, we're "Here" too. ;) hear-here whatever. It's been a long day.

navywife6 said...

Peggie first let me say you INSPIRE me and so many other women you don't even know...you are AMAZING. Second, I LOVE the blog, the colors are so GREAT. I am back to blogging and its not on the Missing you link this month (that one will be getting updated sooner than I want I'm sure)...but darlin' you are so in my thoughts and prayers everyday.

I don't know where I would be w/o a friend like you. Know that we are all here everyday, any moment you need us...you can talk to yourself and us LOL.

Anonymous said...

It looks great! I didn't know that your DH was 2 years younger! Mine is too... he FINALLY turned 30 - and then I just had to turn 32. LOL