Monday, July 24, 2006

Memoirs of a Softball Coach: There is a certain song that keeps popping up in my head...


Oh ya, it's:
We are the champions, we are the champions... no time for losers, cause we are the champions..... OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!
Yes, ladies and gents and any other blogger sorts of people, we won the tournament. We are, in fact, a first place 2nd grade girls softball team. And I am the one who coached them to victory! Sweet, sweet victory!
Especially the super sweet victory over Mrs. Pink!!! Did I say victory, I mean squashing! Like, 17-6 kind of squashing!
And since we beat her, I'll forgive the hissy fit she threw because one of my girls had cleats on eventhough her mom had already left the game (that was almost over anyway) to go home and get her tennis shoes. And I'll forgive the pig tails she was wearing eventhough she's way over 35! (Not saying that's old though!!!)

I've just gotta say, though, that I'm so proud of all my girls. They learned so much! And their improvement? Well, it was like night and day between the first practice 14 weeks ago and the final game on Sautrday! I couldn't believe it was the same girls! The same girls I was complaining about 14 weeks ago who couldn't even hold a bat correctly and by Saturday they walked right up to that plate with confidence, swung and hit the ball!
Everyone of them hit that ball so well. Louisa struck out once and I think one other girl struck out once and besides that they all hit, and hit WELL, I might add!

Great job girls, I'm so proud of you all! And eventhough I'm moving I hope to coach another team next year. This was fun!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so happy that you guys won!!

Sandy said...

YAY! Congrats. Your daughter looks so proud -- and rightfully so.

Anonymous said...

Pig tails? You're kidding!

Your daughter is so darling!

Chaos Mommy said...

I only wish I was kidding about the pigtails!!!

Thanks everyone, these girls played hard for their victory and I'm super proud!

MorahMommy said...

Congratulatons!!

YOu should be very proud of the girls and yourself.

I teach grade 2 and they are so much fun to work with!