Sunday, June 11, 2006

He Got the I-pod Everyone, You Can Stop Worrying Now!

Oh, you have no clue what I'm talking about! Well, before hubby left I bought him an i-pod. Downloaded all his cd's, bought $50 worth of songs on i-tunes, and every accessory I could think of that he would possibly need. He was excited to finally have all his songs in one place.
After he got to where ever it is that he got to, he used a wall charger to charge it. Only problem was, there was only one outlet and someone was using it. That someone was nice enough to let hubby plug his i-pod into his computer, however, that erased all of hubby's songs and downloaded all of the other guy's songs. So, my husband sent back his i-pod to be loaded with his songs again.
I mailed it back to him the end of April. Insured it like a good girl, and, of course, promptly lost the receipt! No biggie, it got to me just fine, it would get back just fine, too... Maybe...
After all this time I've spent worrying, biting my nails, kicking myself for losing the receipt, he finally got it!!!
You see, to a deployed soldier, every piece of home that he or she can take with them helps tremendously. For my husband, his music is his big piece of home. And something like an i-pod is so small that he can take it anywhere with him.
I downloaded some awesome songs for him, too. For instance, if you're a big Sopranos fan like we are, imagine waking up every morning and starting your day off with the theme song... You've got the bom-boppa-bom in your head all day... and you can hear the intro, "Woke up this morning... got yourself a gun... Momma always told you, you'd be the... chosen one..." Now that's uplifting! And I just see my husband strutting around all day listening to that song!
How about this one, this is a song that helps get us through and reminds us we'll be alright:
"My Dearest Love, its almost dawn. I’ve been lying here all night long wondering where you might be. I saw your Mama and I showed her the ring. Man on the television said something so I couldn’t sleep. But I’ll be all right, I’m just missing you. An' this is me kissing you:XX’s and OO’s, In a letter from home.
I hold it up and show my buddies, Like we ain’t scared and our boots ain’t muddy, and they all laugh, 'Cause she calls me "Honey", but they take it hard, 'Cause I don’t read the good parts. I fold it up an' put it in my shirt, Pick up my gun an' get back to work. An' it keeps me driving on, Waiting on letters from home. " -Letters From Home by John Michael Montgomery
One song that I put on his i-pod that helps a lot is "Here Without You" by 3 Doors Down. I love it because it was written for us. Dedicated to all soldiers who are without their families and every word of it is exactly true. "I’m here without you baby but your still on my lonely mind, I think about you baby and I dream about you all the time, I’m here without you baby but your still with me in my dreams, And tonight, girl, it’s only you and me"
So now he has all his songs! All, um... almost 500 of them! And I can relax knowing that it didn't conveneintly end up in someone else's pocket.
**Note to self: if you ever send something small and expensive again, put it in a BIG BOX!

4 comments:

Roe said...

Peg! Love your blog - and you're a LibraryThing fan, too - awesome!!!! See you on ClubMom. :-) Roe

Chaos Mommy said...

Thanks for visiting, Roe!
I got the Library Thing from your blog!

Kelly said...

You are a sweet, sweet, sweet, wonderful, dear wife and mommy. You have a very lucky family.

Chaos Mommy said...

**blushing girl icon***
Thanks!