Thursday, June 22, 2006

Ok, I Guess I'll Brag About This One, Too...



I took her the other day to get her ears double pierced. Why in the world, you might ask, would an 8 year old little girl need her ears double pierced?
Funny, I asked myself the same thing! But we found ourselves walking into Claires on Saturday picking out a set of earrings and well, the rest is history. Let's just say, when the cat's away, the mouse will spoil the kids rotten and doesn't mind going in debt to do it! Ok well, maybe I shouldn't be spoiling them so much, but if I didn't then what would I have to hold over their heads? I'd have no leverage. I'd have no, If you don't stop bossing your brother around I'm ripping those earrings out! All right, I wouldn't acutally rip them out, but I'd stop cleaning them, by golly! Let her have fun with her new second holes when they're all scummy! Ha, that will show her!
All right, she's not even that naughty and I'm supposed to be bragging here, so um...
This is for the little girl who got an absolutely perfect report card every single quarter this year. It never changed! I told her she needed to do bad in a subject and get something other than a perfect mark for once. She didn't think that was a good idea. It's something I would have done when I was in second grade. But I didn't need to! My report card always had a variety of marks and comments on it. I had no problem keeping my parents on their toes and making them dread report card day!
How's this for bragging, she scored off the charts in her standardized testing this year! Higher than all of second grade! I couldn't even fathom testing that high at such a young age. I didn't discover that I was a genius until I was 19. Um, well, idiot savant anyway.
So that's my little girl. My spoiled, bossy little prodigy with her ears double pierced!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful beautiful little girl. Reminds me a lot of Darylyn. It only gets better. Thanks for sharing.

Chaos Mommy said...

Thanks for visiting, Lori!!! I am quite proud of her, as you already know!

scrapperjen said...

She's gorgeous!
Lucky little girl!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.