Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Memoirs of a Softball Coach: We're Back, Baby!

That's the way to play! These girls can hit, they can field, they can do it all!!!!
I'm such a proud coach tonight! **getting teary** **sniff, sniff**
I told myself I wasn't going to cry...
They just did so good tonight. We played 3 innings and every girl hit and ran. Gave the other team a run for their money and it was great! There are a few girls who, at the beginning of the season I thought, There's no way... They can't hit, they can't throw... But wow! They have improved so much. And the smiles on their faces knowing how much they have improved is all worth it! This one little cutie is fielding so well and at the first practice she could not catch the ball to save her life. Last week she made two awesome catches for an out at first base and this week she made an awesome catch for an out at thrid. It's exhilerating to watch them progress and be a part of their accomplishments.
And guess what, I cheered on my team in the outfield while the other team was batting, and no one complained!
But wait until next week when we play Mrs. Pink again...
Until then, Go Sapphire Angels!!! Great job, girls!

1 comment:

scrapperjen said...

Congrats to the girls. Be proud of them - that's great!

Glad you cheered...