Thursday, June 01, 2006

T-ball and Caterpillars

This was the conversation between Drew and I yesterday at his first t-ball practice:

Drew: Mom, can I play with the caterpillars?
Me: No, we're here to play t-ball.
Drew: But Mom! I want to play with the caterpillars!
Me: Lets just learn how to play t-ball right now.
Drew: But the other kids are playing with caterpillars!
Me: (losing my patience and wishing there were no stinkin' caterpillars!) How about we listen to your coach, he's trying to show you how to catch a ball.
Drew: I know how to catch a ball (as it sails past him), I want to catch caterpillars.
Me: Well, let's learn how to play t-ball and then later we can maybe catch caterpillars. (hoping he forgets)

So after an hour of Drew not paying attention, running to 3rd base instead of 1st, and then running into the outfield instead of 2nd, sitting in the outfield picking grass, and chasing the girls around with a stick full of... you guessed it, caterpillars! Drew runs up to me all excited:

Drew: Mom, can I play with the caterpillars now?

I'm so glad I paid $50 for Drew to play with caterpillars!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»